Acupuncture is the placing of very fine needles at particular points on the body, with the intention of improving the health of the patient.
Traditional acupuncture is based on the idea that life-energy or chi runs all through the body. When chi runs strongly and smoothly, you feel energetic, enthusiastic and able to cope with life’s challenges. When chi becomes blocked, you may experience fatigue, pain, low mood and a lack of resilience. Chi can become blocked by injury, stress, overwork, poor diet, lack of exercise and all manner of normal, day-to-day events.
When a needle is placed in an acupuncture point, it makes a ‘suggestion’ to the body, encouraging the body’s own tendency to heal itself and restore harmony.
Traditional acupuncture treats the person rather than the illness and each person’s unique patterns will be assessed and taken in to account when the points are chosen. For example, two patients both suffering from lower back pain may have different points needled, as their underlying causes of disease may vary.
In the West, acupuncture is still most commonly practiced privately, with one patient seeing one practitioner for around 45 minutes to an hour per treatment, and usually being required to pay anything between £30 and £200/AUD45 – 300/Euro35 – 250 per treatment, depending on the reputation and location of the clinic (although some practitioners may offer concession rates).
Some people can afford this whenever they chose; plenty of people in the UK can afford to pay this once in a while; but lots of people will find it hard to pay this price regularly, and it is vital that you can have treatment frequently enough and for long enough to get better and stay better.
So, if one-to-one acupuncture is only affordable for some people, is there a way to provide acupuncture that is affordable for more people in our community? The answer is yes: “multibed” or “community” acupuncture clinics!
Our aim is to provide acupuncture treatment of the highest quality at a low affordable rate thereby making acupuncture accessible to a large part of the community.
Several patients can be seen at the same time hence making the clinic cost and time effective. Acupuncture Treatment can be very costly but we are determined to keep our costs low.
While all the practitioners in our clinic have many years experience, we believe that one or two practitioners can work together and see several patients at the same time. We have a feeling of community and many patients have remarked how calm and comfortable they feel in the company of others and also knowing that they are in safe hands.
- Musculoskeletal : Back Pain, Stiff Neck, Sports Injuries, Sprains, Frozen Shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Arthritis, Muscular Tension, Joint Pain, Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Plantar Fasciitis
- Respiratory: Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Hay Fever, Allergies.
- Gynaecological: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular, Heavy or Painful Menstruation, Amenorrhea, Menopausal Symptoms.
- Pregnancy Care: Morning Sickness, Heartburn, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica, Back Pain, Oedema, Breech Presentation, High Blood Pressure, Induction.
- Dermatology: Eczema, Acne, Fine Lines/Wrinkles.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Gastritis, Heartburn, Bloating, Indigestion, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhoea,
- Circulatory Disorders: High Blood Pressure, Oedema.
- Neurological Conditions: Bell’s Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Headaches, Migraines, Cerebral Palsy, Post-Stroke Recovery, Shingles, Dizziness, Movement Disorders.
- Emotional and Psychological: Stress, Insomnia, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Palpitations.
- Supportive Therapy: Addiction, Smoking Cessation, Weight Control, Detox Program, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, MS, Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation Treatment.
We are based on the busy Kenton Road. It is easily accessible by buses and train services both over ground and underground. There is plenty of free parking on and off street and only five minutes walk from Kenton station and 10 minutes walk to Northwick park. Several buses take you to and from Harrow on the hill.
The clinic has been established since 1986.
All acupuncturists are recognised and accredited by the British Acupuncture Council.
Our clinic has progressed and grown rapidly and we strongly believe that this is due to the nature of how our Multi-bed acupuncture clinic operates.
Our fees are £30.00 for the initial visit.
Further visits are at £20.00.
Cancellation policy: We require a 24 hour cancellation notice otherwise you will be charged for missed appointment.
Please call Acupuncture in Wembley on 020 8907 4352
Moxa and moxibustion
Moxibustion is an essential part of Chinese medicine which uses moxa, a soft woolly substance prepared from mugwort leaves (Artemisia vulgaris). In moxibustion the moxa is placed either directly on the skin or held just above it, over specific acupuncture points or meridians. The herb is lit and as it smoulders slowly, a therapeutic heat permeates the skin and affects the flow of “qi” (energy) and blood in the area being treated.
Direct moxibustion is more commonly used for specific areas needing treatment. The practitioner shapes the moxa into a tiny cone and places it directly on to the body before lighting. The lit moxa cone is removed as soon as the patient feels any sensation of heat.
Moxibustion is a specialist technique demanding skilled clinical judgement and is contraindicated in certain cases. The easiest way to ensure your practitioner is properly trained is by visiting a British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) member